Welcome to the Mencap Recycling Page
Mencap is the UK’s leading learning disability charity. We work with people with a learning disability to change laws, challenge prejudice and support them to live their lives as they choose.
Below are a few examples of how recycling your old mobile phones or empty inkjet and toner cartridges could make a difference to someone with a learning disability:
- £5 a month could pay towards a community adviser giving victims of disability hate crime the confidence they need to talk to the police
- £10 could help provide a training session for someone to learn how to use public transport on their own
- £20 could help pay for an advice pack for families who have just found out that their new baby has a learning disability
- £30 could help to train a nurse to develop the specialist skills needed to care for someone with a learning disability living with an incurable illness
Mencap’s vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included. With your help, Mencap can achieve this – thank you for your support!
For more information please go to www.mencap.org.uk
Recycling your inkjet and toner cartridges
If you would like to help us recycle your empty inkjet and toner cartridges, call our team on 0800 091 0696 or complete the form below to request freepost envelopes. Simply follow these steps to help raise vital funds:
- Request our freepost envelopes
- Send your items into us FREE
- We will receive a 100% donation of the value of all items successfully recycled
Recycling your mobile phones
Due to new guidance from Royal Mail, freepost envelopes cannot be used to recycle your mobile phones. However, you can deposit these items at collection points for free – which can also be used to recycle inkjet and toner cartridges.
Simply insert the battery into the phone and ensure that the device is switched off. Wrap your mobile phone in a protective wrapping to prevent accidental activation (e.g. wrap in bubble wrap, protective plastic or tissue paper) and pop in the collection box.
If you think you could fill a box or would like to take a box for your place of work, call The Recycling Factory on 0800 091 0696. If you would be happy to promote the box for members of the public to drop off items, please let us know when ordering and we can display your details on this page. A free collection will be arranged once your box is full.
Alternatively, you can send your phone to us via Recorded Delivery – simply package your phone in rigid packaging (including a note to explain you wish to recycle for Mencap) to avoid any movement or accident activation during transit and take it to your nearest post office. Your name and address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging. For more information about the Royal Mail’s packaging guidance, please click here (page 23).
The address to send your phone via Recorded Delivery is: The Recycling Factory, Marsh Lane, Boston, PE21 7TX.
Interested in recycling in large volumes?
Simply call The Recycling Factory on 0800 091 0696 for more information and to order free collection boxes. A free collection will be arranged once your box is full.